Friday, September 19, 2014

The third week after I got here

It has been three weeks since I left my family. At the moment that plane took off, I was quite excited. It is my first time to leave my parents, to go to another country for so long, and to begin my university life. When I walked out the plane, I was soon surprised by everything here. However, after not very long time, I was again surprised, by my university.

All classes begin at Sep 8th. It was really a busy day. Finding the classrooms has already been very difficult, but what's more difficult for me was all professors were doing the same thing, giving out syllabus(or information sheets :p), introducing the course, and saying something about evaluation. What surprised me is, I remember, there's one professor talking about 'prostitute', I was trying to find the course website at that time and the word just jumped into my ears, I could not help thinking if I went into a wrong room. Afterwards, he talked something about symbols and sets, that again make me feel like join a mathematics classroom.

That is what I remember about the CSC165 course at the very first time. It seems really funny and weird. However, at the second and the third classes, the professor began talking about "all" "any" "not all" and "not any", something seems interesting, and difficult. I was quite confused after the class and when I got to my dormitory, I opened the pdf and learnt again. I found something I did not notice at the class and feelt quite satisfied.

This week, when I learnt the Boolean logic in CSC108, I finally understand what was taught on the beginning. I suddenly feels the link between CSC108 and CSC165. Maybe that is why CSC165 is required and listed in my course calendar.

I really discovered a lot within this two weeks, and learnt a lot. Just in CSC165, symbol,set,subset relationship,universal statements,existential statements,verify and falsify,implication,converse and contrapositive. These are all need to be really carefully paid attention to because to understand them fully, I need to think a lot. And they are not always the same, they are changeable.

After this two weeks, what I felt a little bit tricky is the verification of statements and the vacuous truth I learned today. But I am quite confident that I can learn them well because I can understand everything taught up to now. For the rest, I will try my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment