Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Oct12 -18

This Monday is Thanksgiving day! We had a one-day holiday, which is good for all of us. Also, the test score of last week's test is available and that kind of makes me panic. Fortunately, it is not very bad and I am satisfied by my results.

This week, we learnt more about proofs.We learnt proving by cases, which is the most complicated method, I think. However, as I learnt more about proofs, I can feel it interesting more. And I do think proving is a very basic and useful skills that is used in lots of discipline such as computer science and mathematics. And I can feel we learnt deeper now about proving, because there are more quantifiers and become more complicated. But I think it will be fine if practicing a lot.

I am a little confused about limits. Because it is not written in the mathematical formula and sometimes I just have difficulty to translate those logical symbols into English and sometimes it drives me mad and anxious. And some words such as there exist a element ..., for all elements...,there exist a element...,for all elements,.... It just makes me feel difficult to understand when there are so many quantifiers existing.

No comments:

Post a Comment